Experience Notre Dame
- Current Notre Dame students can register for their classes through insideND.
- Visiting international students can register by completing a simple online application. The application will be available starting March 20.
- International students usually need an F-1 or J-1 student visa to enter the U.S. for the Summer Session.
- In order to obtain a student visa, students must be enrolled as a full-time student (6 credit hours).
- Required documentation and forms are listed on the apply link for international students.
- International students can also get information from International Student and Scholar Affairs
TOEFL / IELTS
International students whose native language is not English, or who have not completed at least two years of full-time study in an English-speaking university, are asked to submit official score reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) showing a score of at least 250 on the computer-based test or a total score of at least 80 on the Internet-based test or a score report from International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of 7.5 or higher.
- Tuition is based on a student's level and the number of credit hours listed on their summer schedule and is not based on citizenship or location. Click tuition rates for more detailed information.
Housing and Meals
- On-campus housing is available to international students. Click on Housing for more information.
- Meal plans are available to international students. Click on Meal Plans for more information.
Medical History, Insurance, Immunizations
- Health insurance is mandatory for all international students. It must be an approved, U.S. based health insurance or the student will be charged University insurance. Students can contact Health Services to see if their insurance is approved.
- University health insurance is automatically charged to the student's account unless the proper opt-out procedures have been followed. The opt-out procedures are emailed to your university (@nd.edu) email account. The first email will go out May 15 and then periodically after that. The opt-out deadline is June 15. If a student is registered after June 15 or cannot meet the deadline, they should contact Health Services immediately.
- Students are required to return a completed Medical History and Physical Report form prior to arriving on campus. In addition to returning this form, students need to enter their vaccination information at Online Student Health prior to coming to campus. This site will be available for new students on June 1.
- Please review required vaccinations required by the State of Indiana for college students.
Getting to Campus
- Click on directions for information on getting to campus.