Experience Notre Dame
Whether you are taking a course to fulfill a requirement at your home institution, doing research with a Notre Dame faculty member, seeking professional development, or taking a course for personal enrichment, you will find many ways to get ahead and learn something new. Take advantage of the quiet and relaxed atmosphere. It is a wonderful change of pace. Thanks to close interaction with faculty, summer provides many academic opportunities in a comfortable and enjoyable setting. Summer is a great time to take advantage of both Notre Dame's scholarship and spiritual life.
Register for classes
*Visiting students complete a simple online application. The application opens on March 20.
*Visiting students are considered those who are a degree-seeking at another institution, taking classes for professional development or personal enrichment, visiting international students, ACE-ENL participants, ACE-PIE participants, students in the Phoenix Institute, and other non-degree summer programs. If you are an incoming First Year Student, please apply as a visiting student and read the fourth paragraph in this linked FAQ.
Reasons to take classes in the summer:
- They are small and interactive
- You can get ahead on your coursework
- You can lighten your load during the regular semesters
- You can have more personal contact with instructors
- You can meet students from other institutions studying or doing research at Notre Dame
- You can participate in intramural sports and participate in summer events planned by the Student Activities Office