Broaden your Notre Dame experience
Take advantage of the quieter, more relaxed atmosphere of campus in the summer. Thanks to close interaction with faculty, summer provides many academic opportunities in a comfortable and enjoyable setting. Summer is a great time to get ahead on coursework, research and collaborate with a faculty mentor, and network with students from other institutions.
Register for classes
*Current Notre Dame students register similar to the fall and spring terms through insideND. Registration opens at 6:00 a.m. on April 7. Pins are not required.
*Current Notre Dame students are considered those who are continuing their degree in the fall or are starting a graduate-level degree in the fall. Students entering their first year at Notre Dame in the fall must get permission to take summer courses from Assistant Provost for Academic Advising Elly Brenner.
Reasons to take classes in the summer:
- They are small and interactive
- You can get ahead on your coursework
- You can lighten your load during the regular semesters
- You can have more personal contact with instructors
- You can get away in the summer and experience study abroad opportunities
- You can meet students from other institutions studying or doing research at Notre Dame
- You can participate in intramural sports and participate in summer events planned by the Student Activities Office