Research Experience for Undergraduates
Experience Research at Notre Dame this Summer
Approximately 300 undergraduate students from around the world participate in research at Notre Dame in the summer. Join them to enjoy the thrill of discovery, make a difference in the world, develop skills and confidence, experience diverse cultures, create networks, build your resume, and prepare for graduate school.
Resources for students interested in doing research
- The Center for Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement (CUSE)
- College of Science Undergraduate Research
- Department of Physics Research Experience
- Center for Research and Computing (CRC)
- NDnano Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Notre Dame International Global Engagement Programs (iSURE, CSEP, iSPI, iREU-Inda)
- The Graduate School’s Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) for Undergraduate Students
- Department of Psychology
- Kellogg Institute for International Studies
- Cell Bio
- ND Energy Slatt Undergraduate Research Fellowship
All students doing research in the summer must be registered for a course in the summer and complete the ND Roll Call process. Current Notre Dame students must get department approval in order to register through insideND. Visiting students must contact the hiring department for registration information.
University Resources Available to Researchers
As a registered student, researchers have access on-campus Housing, meal plans, parking, library, computer clusters, RecSports, etc. Click below for more information regarding University resources.
*Some research programs provide housing and/or meal plans. Please check with them before applying for on-campus housing or meal plans.