Employees and Spouses
Frequently Asked Questions for Employees and Spouses
Click on the links below for the most commonly asked questions about the Summer Session for employees and spouses or explore FAQs specific to Notre Dame students, visiting students, or international students by clicking on the appropriate link.
Can't find what you are looking for? Ask a Question of your own.
- Am I eligible to register for a course?
- How do I register for a summer course?
- Can I audit or sit in on a course?
- Is my spouse eligible to register for a summer course?
- Is my child eligible to register for a summer course?
- How do I make changes to my summer schedule?
Yes, as an employee you are eligible to register for a summer course. There is a 3-step process to get registered for your summer classes. Information regarding the eduction benefit and registration process can be found through the Office of the Registrar.
There is a 3-step process to get registered for your summer classes. Information regarding the eduction benefit and registration process can be found through the Office of the Registrar.
Yes, you can audit a course. Sitting in on a course without being properly registered is not allowed though.
Yes, your spouse is eligible to register for a summer course. More information can be found at on the Human Resources website.
Yes, children of employees are eligible to take summer courses.
- Current Notre Dame students can register for a course through insideND.
- Incoming freshman must receive permission from First Year of Studies. If approved, the child should fill out the Summer Session application as a non-degree student. After completion of the summer course, their dean can request the Office of the Registrar to change the course(s) to count toward their degree.
- Students from other institutions can register through the Summer Session application.
Item to Note:
Employees must submit an Application for Educational Benefits Form each summer to receive their educational benefit. More information can be found on the Human Resources website.
You can add courses through insideND through the posted Add Deadlines and you can drop courses through insideND through the posted Drop Deadlines (for a full refund). Add and drop dates are posted at Registration Dates and Deadlines. Please keep in mind, the system does not allow you to drop all of the classes on your schedule; therefore, if you have one remaining on your schdule which you need to drop, you must send a request to drop to email@example.com.
Changes to your schdule after the add and drop deadlines must be made on an Academic Course Change form; which can be obtained at the department offering the course or the dean's office.
Item to Note:
Because the system does not allow you to drop your last class. Try adding the course you want to take before you drop the one you don't want to take. If that doesn't work because of a time-conflict, you can try adding a different course and adding and dropping until you get the course you want to take. To make it easier, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of the Registrar at (574) 631-7043. You can also stop by our office at 300 Grace Hall.