Broaden your Notre Dame experience
Take advantage of the quieter, more relaxed atmosphere of campus in the summer. Thanks to close interaction with faculty, summer provides many academic opportunities in a comfortable and enjoyable setting. Summer is a great time to get ahead on coursework, research and collaborate with a faculty mentor, and network with students from other institutions.
Register for classes
*Current Notre Dame students register similar to the fall and spring terms through insideND. Registration opens at 6:00 a.m. on March 21. Pins are not required.
*Current Notre Dame students are considered those who are continuing their degree in the fall or are starting a graduate-level degree in the fall. If you are an incoming First Year Student, please apply as a visiting student and read the fourth paragraph in this linked FAQ.
Reasons to take classes in the summer:
- They are small and interactive
- You can get ahead on your coursework
- You can lighten your load during the regular semesters
- You can have more personal contact with instructors
- You can get away in the summer and experience study abroad opportunities
- You can meet students from other institutions studying or doing research at Notre Dame
- You can participate in intramural sports and participate in summer events planned by the Student Activities Office